For family-friendly dinners in summer and winter, the electric plancha will be your best ally. Practical and easy to use, this device is dedicated for both professional and domestic use.
It allows you to cook healthier for the family. The electric plancha provides optimal results thanks to slow cooking at high temperatures. The resistances of the appliance give off the heat with such precision that it guarantees perfect cooking.
Do you want to buy this device to have a good time with your family, but you are lost in front of the many models available on the market? Discover our list of the best plancha grill UK as well as essential tips to make a good choice.
- Best Plancha Grill UK Reviews
- Best Plancha Grill UK – Buying Guide
- What is Plancha Grill?
- The Advantages of Plancha Grill
- How to Choose a Plancha Grill?
Best Plancha Grill UK Reviews
1. Cuisinart PL50E
Weight: 8.8 Kg
Dimensions: 51.2 x 43.1 x 15.6 cm
Power: 2200 Watts
Material: Brushed Stainless Steel
We start our list with the Cuisinart PL50E which is a very powerful 2200 W electric plancha capable of achieving excellent kitchens. Thanks to its temperature of 260 ° C and its large cooking surface, this appliance will allow you to cook delicious dishes for the whole family.
It has two independent thermostats with graduation from 0 to 26 ° C to adapt to the food to be cooked. The surface is made up of two cooking plates that you can place above the resistances, one dedicated to plancha cooking and the other dedicated to barbecue cooking.
The design of these aluminum plates guarantees optimal heat conservation for a better cooking result. Easy to maintain, they are removable and covered with a non-stick coating, which allows them to be washed in the dishwasher.
2. Tefal CB501812
Weight: 3.37 Kg
Dimensions: 63.6 x 32.4 x 11.8 cm
Power: 2000 Watts
Material: Brushed Stainless Steel
A designer electric plancha with a large cooking surface, this is the Tefal CB501812. We particularly appreciate this electric plancha by its 1326m2 cooking surface which will go perfectly for a family of 8 people.
So everyone can cook their food at the same time and easy on the table. Thanks to its power of 2000Watts and its adjustable thermostat, you will be able to achieve fast and perfect cooking.
With a non-stick cast aluminum cooking plate, this plancha does not require the addition of fat when cooking and does not stick, which allows healthy cooking.
A collecting tank is also available to ensure effective cleaning. You can put the plate and the drip tray in the dishwasher for easy maintenance.
3. Philips HD4418 / 20
Weight: 3.9 Kg
Dimensions: 31.2 x 51.6 x 7.3 cm
Power: 2300 Watts
Material: Aluminum / Plastic / steel
The Philips HD4418 / 20 remains one of the best electric planchas of the moment in terms of value for money. It has a removable 2300 Watts non-stick steel plate for optimal cooking results.
This appliance offers a high and adjustable temperature so that you can adapt it to your needs and the food to be cooked. The presence of a collecting tank facilitates the maintenance of the device.
Its compact design allows it to be easily stored in your kitchen cupboard. If you are looking for an electric plancha without PFOA at an affordable price, the Philips HD4418 / 20 is perfect for you.
Thanks to its large surface and generous dimensions, this electric plancha is ideal for a family of up to 8 people. Its components are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
4. Tefal CB660301
Weight: 3.34 Kg
Dimensions: 56.2 x 29.2 x 9.2 cm
Power: 2000 Watts
Material: Aluminum / Plastic / steel
We chose the Tefal CB660301 for its price and colorful design. Its dimensions allow it to be placed on the table without cluttering.
Practical, in the center of the electric plancha, we find a Thermo-spot which indicates the temperature of the plate by changing color. The thermostat can be adjusted according to the food you want to cook or to keep it warm.
The appliance is equipped with a non-stick coated plate on which the food does not stick. Thus, you can perfectly cook vegetables, fish, shellfish, meats, and others, guaranteeing a better result.
The presence of a drain pan simplifies maintenance. For easy handling, the Tefal CB660301 has thermoplastic contours.
5. Moulinex CB560811
Weight: 2.5 Kg
Dimensions: 28.5 x 45 x 10 cm
Power: 1800 Watts
To finish our list, we have the Moulinex CB560811. It is a reduced size electric plancha that will not take up much space on your table. Its cooking surface and its dimensions allow it to adapt for a family of 2 to 4 people.
Its power of 1800Watts combines very well with its small size to guarantee a perfect cooking result. Easy to use, this electric plancha has a thermoplastic lathe to handle it without the risk of getting burned.
The elements of this appliance, particularly the aluminum plate with non-stick coating and the grease collecting tray, can be washed in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.
You can store it vertically to save space. Prepare succulent dishes quickly and efficiently with the Moulinex CB560811.
Best Plancha Grill UK – Buying Guide
For healthy and tasty cuisine, there is nothing better than grilling. This device is effective for cooking dishes with very little fat, if at all.
It also allows you to spend a convivial moment with family or friends, giving everyone the opportunity to cook their food as they wish.
However, it is essential to choose the best electric plancha to benefit from all its advantages. For this, you must take into account your needs, that is to say, the number of people likely to use your plancha to determine the ideal cooking surface.
Also, take some time to compare multiple devices that fall within your budget to determine which one offers the best value for the money.
What is Plancha Grill?
Plancha cuisine is a cooking method of Spanish origin which is more and more popular in Europe today.
We use a board, generally made of metal, which heats up to a very high temperature from 250 to 340 ° C to cook food with or without oil with a guarantee of optimal results.
It works thanks to resistors releasing uniform heat on a hob for perfect cooking. Simple to use, just plug in to make it work.
It can offer an adjustable thermostat which allows you to adjust the temperature of the plate according to the desired result and the food to be cooked.
The electric plancha will allow you to organize a convivial meal by placing itself in the center of the table so that everyone can cook their food as they wish.
The Advantages of Plancha Grill
Plancha cooking has many advantages:
- Healthy cooking without fatty matter: With an electric plancha, you will be able to cook your food without adding fatty matter which makes it possible to carry out dietetic and beneficial cooking for health.
- Uniform cooking: The plancha allows uniform cooking unlike barbecue cooking since the heat is well distributed all along with the hob.
- Less smoke: When cooking, the electric plancha gives off a lot less smoke, which poses no health risk.
- Good control of the cooking of meats: With this device, you will have the possibility of controlling well the cooking of your meats according to the desired result (rare, medium, blue, …)
- Preserved food flavor: Grilled food does not change the taste of your food. You can even marinate your dishes before cooking them for optimal results.
- The nutrients are preserved: Thanks to the high temperature emitted by the plancha, the cooking time is faster, which reduces the losses of essential nutrients, in particular minerals and vitamins.
- Heats up quickly: unlike the barbecue, the electric plancha heats up fairly quickly once it is on for perfect cooking.
- Varied recipes: The electric plancha allows you to cook many foods such as meat, fish, vegetables, seafood, etc.
- Possible use indoors and outdoors: Depending on your wishes, you can use your plancha indoors and outdoors during your little evenings with family or friends.
- An ecological investment: This type of cuisine respects the environment perfectly.
- Prices accessible to all
How to Choose a Plancha Grill?
To make the right choice of your electric plancha, you must take into account the following criteria:
Type of plancha
Make sure you know beforehand the type of plancha you wish to acquire, there are in particular:
The classic plancha: This is the most common type of plancha. It has a hob to allow everyone to cook their food in a friendly way.
The plancha with duo grill: These are the cooking appliances delivered with a hob and a grill for efficient barbecues.
The size is an important criterion because it lets you know if the device can be placed on your table without clutter and offers sufficient cooking surface so that each member of the family can use it easily.
This will allow you to avoid ending up with an electric plancha that is too small or too bulky to be placed in the center of the table.
To properly choose your electric plancha, it is essential to know the different types of materials that can constitute the hob. There are many :
- Aluminum: It is an excellent thermal conductor which provides uniform heat and is easy to clean. It allows all types of food to be cooked without the risk of them sticking to the hob.
- Stainless steel: The stainless steel plate has the advantage of not oxidizing which makes it durable. It ensures better hygiene. However, it must be ensured that the plate is thick enough, greater than or equal to 10mm, so that it does not deform even at a very high temperature of 340 ° C.
- Cast iron: These are the most affordable materials on the market. It offers good thermal conductivity but is not very smooth, which means that food can stick. In addition, it oxidizes fairly quickly.
- The non-stick coating: This coating can cover any of the above materials, saving significant time and avoiding small mishaps in the kitchen. Food is not likely to stick to the plate, the plancha is therefore generally very easy to maintain.
Ease of cleaning
What can we cook on the plancha?
You can cook several foods on the plancha like meat, fish, chicken, eggs, skewers, and all kinds of vegetables.
Is it healthy to cook plancha?
Yes, cooking on the plancha is healthy since it is possible not to add fat for cooking. In addition, the nutrients in food are preserved thanks to the high temperature and rapid cooking, which guarantees healthy cooking.
Do the plates of the plancha wash in the dishwasher?
Depending on the model chosen, the plancha plate can be removed and put in the dishwasher.
Last update on 2020-10-22 at 00:44 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API