Microwaves are one of the essentials of today’s cuisine. It is a practical and multifunctional piece of equipment that not only allows cooking, defrosting, and reheating dishes, but also offers steaming, grilling, and more in the case of the most recent models.
From now on, having a microwave is a must for households. Easy to use, this device will be your best ally for the preparation of your good daily meals.
Are you looking for a microwave that will meet your needs? To help you, we’re going to bring you the best microwaves UK of the moment in this buying guide and concoct some insightful tips on how to make a good choice.
- Best Microwaves UK Reviews
- Best Microwaves UK – Buying Guide
- The Advantages of a Microwaves
- How to Choose a Microwaves?
- Do I need a microwave?
Best Microwaves UK Reviews
1. Russell Hobbs RHFM2363B 23L
We start our list with the Russell Hobbs RHFM2363B 23L with its excellent value for money. It is a microwave oven with a nice and elegant design that combines many practical functions. With the power of 800Watts, this household appliance ensures fast and efficient cooking.
Thanks to the flatbed technology of this microwave oven, it offers more space so that you can cook and reheat even the largest dishes, but also maintain it easily. You will find 8 cooking programs accessible by simply pressing to cook your favorite dishes with ease: pizza, fish, popcorn, vegetables.
Moreover, on the side, there are a good number of easy-access buttons allowing you to configure the cooking mode, duration, and power according to your expectations.
2. Samsung MC28H5015CS
If you are looking for the best microwave oven, the Samsung MC28H5015CS is one of the main options to consider for both its 900W power and its huge 28-liter capacity. In addition, the 1500 W grill function will allow you to give that extra touch to food, making it more crisp and golden.
To make the most of the space, you can block the rotation of the turntable or remove it to insert rectangular plates and dishes. It will surely prove to be a precious ally for the preparation of healthy and genuine daily dishes.
You will surely notice that it is made of the best materials, so both the inside and the outside are durable and easy to clean. Finally, the silver and black body gives a touch of modernity to the environment and fits perfectly with other appliances.
3. Candy CMGE20BS
Candy is a leading company in the household appliances sector, that’s clear. If the microwave ovens it produces are among the best sellers it is no coincidence at all.
This model in particular is equipped with a power of 700 W combined with the grill function which gives you results very similar to traditional ones.
In addition, the capacity of 20 liters will meet your needs in the best way and the aluminum design makes it perfect for any type of kitchen.
One of the main advantages is its ease of use. The microwave oven appears practical and intuitive to use.
The digital interface gives you the possibility to select the various programs available, such as quick start or quick defrost. The lock function cannot be missing, which prevents children from being turned on.
4. Hoover HMCI25TB
Power and advanced technology are the two main features of the Hoover HMCI25TB, one of the best microwave grill ovens on the market in 2020. It stands out from the competition with its 900 W and its incredible 25-liter capacity.
It also features a simple and elegant design which makes it perfect for your kitchen. It is an energy-efficient microwave oven that distributes heat evenly, for perfect cooking of any food.
Despite the high power, the ECO function in combination with the automatic switch-off of the LED display promotes savings on the electricity bill. Furthermore, it is silent during operation and also allows you to silence alarms and key sounds.
5. Panasonic NN-K10JW
The Panasonic NN-K10JWMEPG microwave oven is a compact and simple appliance that offers everything you need to heat and grill food with the appropriate function. It has a good capacity of 20 liters, so you can introduce good quantities of food inside without problems.
It has two comfortable knobs with which you can adjust the five power levels and also the heating time. From a design standpoint, this microwave is fairly understated and traditional, with a white exterior and a black acrylic cavity. If you are a lover of simpler appliances, this might be the best choice for you.
6. Panasonic NN-K101WMEPG
Do you need an affordable microwave oven? Read the review! This Panasonic oven is among the best of 2020 and guarantees you tasty and ready meals in a short time.
Its combined function with 800W microwave and 1000W grill, together with the capacity of 20 liters makes it suitable for cooking various moderate-sized dishes.
For crispier and browned foods, the Power Grill function is also available, adjustable on 3 levels, namely High, Medium and Low.
But the capabilities of this microwave don’t end there! The weight-based automatic program is able to automatically cook a wide range of foods in the best possible way.
Compact and extremely simple to use, this affordable appliance is what you were looking for! An unmissable offer!
Best Microwaves UK – Buying Guide
When it comes to buying a microwave, there are a few factors to consider in order to make a good investment.
Some of them certainly depend on personal tastes and needs, while others are determined by the characteristics of each model available. Below you will find the best advice from our experts to choose the one that suits you best.
All the models on the market are not identical, if some only allow you to reheat your food well, others offer features to make a variety of dishes including the possibility of steaming. So, know beforehand the type of microwave you want to acquire.
There are in particular 3 types namely:
- Single-function microwave: The most popular type of microwave, this is the device that has the basic functions to defrost, cook, and reheat your food.
- The Microwave Grill: Which, as the term suggests, benefits from a grill so you can roast and brown your food in addition to cooking, defrosting and reheating.
- The combined microwave: This type of microwave has complete functions such as grill settings, classic cooking programs, defrosting, as well as the functionality of a conventional oven. However, its use can be more complicated with its multiple programming.
The quality of the device must also not be neglected in order to guarantee its durability. Find out about the built-in features, the price/quality ratio as well as the technical descriptions of several devices suited to your budget before making a choice.
The Advantages of a Microwaves
The advantages of a microwave oven are numerous:
- This type of appliance does not require preheating, unlike a traditional oven. Just insert the food, program the cooking and it starts instantly.
- It saves time when cooking food thanks to its high heating speed.
- Thanks to the diffusion of microwaves in the appliance, it requires much less electricity compared to a traditional oven, which is, therefore, more economical.
- A microwave oven saves space in the kitchen and is easily stored, unlike a traditional oven which is bulkier.
How to Choose a Microwaves?
Size is the first thing to consider when looking for a microwave oven. Obviously, you’re not going to invest in a device only to find that you don’t have enough room to install it. So, before seeing the other options, it is important to know beforehand the size of the microwave that could be installed in your kitchen without taking up too much space.
Note that the higher the power, the faster and more efficient the cooking time. Make sure you opt for a device that offers around 900 watts of power. Indeed, there are cheaper microwave ovens offering a lower power but in general, they take too long to cook.
For many people, the presence of a whole series of predefined programs is a must in microwave ovens, especially for those who are not experts in cooking. Most of the models available on the market today have a sufficient number of preset functions such as those for defrosting or rapid heating.
A good microwave should offer several power levels to allow you to adjust the temperature to the food you are cooking.
Multi-Stage Cooking Function
While the ones mentioned above are the main factors buyers take into consideration when choosing a good microwave, you will find some interesting extra features below.
- Inverter technology: although it is still rare, Inverter technology gives the possibility to cook with perfectly adjusted temperatures according to the type of food, so as to make you significantly save in terms of energy consumption;
- Child lock: If you have small children and don’t want to worry, make sure the microwave oven you have chosen has the appropriate safety system. Generally, it is possible to set a numerical code or a particular combination of buttons to be pressed so that the oven can be used.
Do I need a microwave?
The microwave is versatile and easy to use the device. Generally speaking, it gives you the ability to cook and reheat your food in no time.
This saves you time in the preparation of many dishes. In addition, here are some features that a microwave can offer you depending on the model chosen:
- The self-cooking feature: This allows you to enter the weight of your food to automatically calculate the cooking time.
- The pizza and popcorn cooking feature: Which will give you the option of cooking or reheating your pizzas to make them even tastier and crispier. But also to prepare popcorn.
- The pre-programmed functions: These functions allow you to cook, roast, defrost, and reheat your food easily and quickly. Indeed, these are the functions with which you can record the nature and weight of food in order to calculate its cooking time.
- Steam cooking functionality: To steam vegetables using a dedicated integrated bowl.
How does the microwave heat food?
Microwaves work using electromagnetic waves, that is to say, waves resulting from disturbances of the electric and magnetic field. These increase the temperature of the water molecules present in food, which makes it possible to heat or cook them.
Is cooking in the microwave dangerous for health?
The waves present in these types of devices can have negative effects on health. However, the manufacturers of this equipment have developed systems to eliminate these effects.
Thus, it is essential to scrupulously respect the recommendations provided by the latter. This may concern the use, the cooking time, risky packaging, etc.
Where to place your microwave?
You can place your microwave in a built-in cabinet, on an occasional cabinet, in a buffet provided for this purpose, or directly on your kitchen counter.
How to clean your microwave?
You can clean your microwave in just a few minutes by preparing a bowl of hot water with lemon juice and then heating it in the lemon juice for 2 minutes. The water vapor diffused by this mixture will soften the residue to simplify cleaning. Then you just need to run a damp sponge inside your oven.
Last update on 2020-10-22 at 07:48 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API