We are supported by readers. We also declare that as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A reunion with family or friends around tasty pancakes is a great idea to share moments of conviviality. However, depending on the number of people, preparing these dishes can quickly become a headache.
Fortunately, you can count, like me, on a crepe maker to make a large number of pancakes or mini-pancakes. Between gas or electric models, specially designed for small pancakes or those, professionals, the choice of a crepe maker is often not an easy task.
Do not panic. This complete guide that I dedicate to this appliance will certainly simplify your task. For those who want to save time and not read the full article, here is my top of the best crepe maker UK, there is something for all budgets:
Whether it’s the different types, criteria to watch out for, and practical advice on how to use your appliance properly, you will discover absolutely everything you need to have your choice on a crêpe maker that meets both your needs and your budget.
My selections of crepe makers made on the basis of their performance and their affordable cost will inspire you in the face of a particularly rich and diverse offer.
Table of Contents
What Are The Best Crepe Maker UK?
- ELECTRIC PANCAKE MAKER – This electric pancake maker is the perfect kitchen appliance to provide you with delicious home-made pancakes and crepes in just a matter of minutes.
- NON-STICK HOT PLATE – This pancake and crepe maker features a 12” non-stick hot plate that will cook your sweet treats perfectly, and not have them stick to the base during the cooking process. Once you’ve made your pancakes the surface is super easy to wipe clean once cooled down.
- RAISED EDGES – The surround of the electric pancake maker hot plate is slightly raised to keep your mixture on the hot plate and reduce spillage/waste. The hot plate reaches temperatures of up to 220°C, and has an adjustable temperature gauge so you can cook the perfect pancakes your way.
- VERSATILE APPLIANCE – Not only does this hot plate cook delicious pancakes and crepes, but it is also suitable to make omelettes, chapattis, & rotas, amongst many others. In order to create the perfect pancake the set comes complete with a wooden spreader and spatula.
- QUEST APPLIANCES - Quest are the leading manufacturer of cooking appliances ideal for giving you a helping hand in the kitchen. From omelette makers & waffle makers, to teppanyaki grills & air fryers, visit the Quest store on Amazon to view the whole range.
- Powerful 1 kW plate for cooking crêpes, pancakes, omelettes, blinis and more in minutes
- Rapid heat-up and variable temperature control with five settings
- Large 30 cm-wide, non-stick-coated aluminium plate for easy cleaning
- Comes with crêpe ‘T Stick’ spreading tool and booklet including sweet and savoury recipes
- Power-on and ready-to-cook indicator lights and cord storage. 12 inch Wipe-clean non-stick heating plate
- MAKE SWEET AND SAVORY DISHES: With the Duronic PM131 you can make delicious sweet and savoury crêpes for the whole family to enjoy. Make traditional sweet pancakes topped with your favourite treats like chocolate, fruit and cream. Or try making savoury French galettes made with buckwheat and topped with cheese, egg, vegetables and meats.
- NON-STICK PAN FOR GREASE-FREE COOKING: Thanks to the special non-stick coating on the hot plate, the pan will heat up quickly and allow you to cook effortlessly without disruption. No oil or butter is needed, so you can cook one after the other without having to add anything to the pan. The 1300W hotplate heats up quickly which lets you get cooking almost straight away. The heat is evenly distributed which enables each crepe or pancake to cook quickly, so making a batch will take no time at all.
- UTENSIL PACK INCLUDED: So that you can get started straight away, we have included a set of 3 professional cooking utensils similar to those used by creperie chefs; a batter spreader, a spatula and a ladle. Use the ladle to scoop up the liquid batter onto the hot plate, the T-shaped batter spreader to evenly spread the batter over the plate in a circular motion, and then the spatula to flip the crepe over, fold it up and serve.
- EASY TO USE AND CLEAN: This machine is the simplest and easiest to clean in the whole kitchen. The non-stick coating on the cooking plate means food will not burn and stick onto the surface. To clean, simply wipe over the plate with a wet cloth. No scrubbing required!!
- FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS: The PM131 is a whole set which is ready to use. All you will need is your ingredients. Non-stick hotplate, power indicator light, adjustable temperature control. Colour: black and silver. Plate size: 33cm/13 inches. Power: 1300W. 220-240V/50Hz. Fitted with a BS British Standard 3-pin plug.
- Just Add Toppings - A crepe maker will bring a smile to everyone's face - it's perfect for making breakfast crepes, dinner party desserts or delicious savoury snacks, any time, any day.
- The Easy Way to Make Pancakes - With its easy to operate heating system and non-stick plate, is easy to master and helps you to create pancakes that are ready to top and eat.
- 30cm Cooking Plate - Because the plate is the same temperature all over, crepes and pancakes are cooked more evenly than in a frying pan so you avoid burnt or still-raw pieces.
- Batter Spreader and Spatula Included - The spreader helps you achieve an even size and shape. Once the batter sets use the spatula to check its cooked underneath and to turn over.
- 2 Year Manufactures Guarantee - Plus 1 extra year when you register the product online.
- HEALTHY OPTION - Use this portable hot plate to cook sweet or savoury pancakes with very little butter or oil - Add chopped up fruits or vegetables to your crepe to squeeze in some of your 5 a day
- EASY TO USE AND CLEAN - The Electric Crepe Maker is simple to use thanks to the non stick coating - This also allows you to easily clean the plate with a wet cloth
- NON-STICK COATING - Cook your crepes or pancakes in a much more healthy way - The 2 layer non-stick coating on this plate lets you cook without using much oil at all - The coating also allows the unit to be used repeatedly without batter sticking
- SWEET OR SAVOURY OPTIONS - The great thing about crepes is that you can have them through the entire day - Start off with a healthy strawberry and Greek yogurt pancake before tucking into a savoury cheese and bacon crepe for dinner
- TOOLS INCLUDED - The Crepe Maker comes with a wooden spatula and spreading tool - Create perfectly thin crepes every time when using the handy tools
- TRADITIONAL CREPE AND PANCAKES: the powerful 1000W plate for cooking crêpes, pancakes, omelettes, chapattis, rotas and much more in minutes.
- NON-STICK PLATES: Large 12 inch non-stick, wipe clean plate for easy cleaning
- LIGHT INDICATIOR: fitted with light indicators and raised edge to prevents spillage
- ADJUSTABLE THERMOSTAT: 1000-watt plate provides powerful output to let you cook delicious meals within no time with adjustable temperature controls for more control when cooking.
- ADDITIONAL PARTS: includes wooden spreader and folder.
- SPECIFICATION: Rated Spec 220V~240V,50Hz | Power: 1000W |12 inch diameter cooking plate | Colour: Black & Silver
- Bake your very own delicious crepes
- Make up to 6 crepes of Ø 11.5 cm
- High quality non-stick coating
- Dough ladle included
- Great for the whole family and perfect for anytime of the day.
- ✔️ SUPER FINE MATERIAL- our hot cooking plate is constructed out of high quality food grade aluminum that is completely safe and reliable for a long-term use. The non-sticky smooth surface allows you to try out your creative crepe patterns and makes food flipping hassle free.
- ✔️ ADJUSTABLE THERMOSTAT- they heavy duty 1000 Watt plate provides you a high power output to let you cook delicious meals within no time. It comes with a simple rotating knob to let you set the temperature according to the desired cooking heat.
- ✔️ LARGE 30.5cm PLATE FOR FAMILY MEALS- with our electric crepe maker and its large 30.5cm plate, you can prepare meals for your entire family like a professional. Perfect for breakfast favorites such as pancakes, bacon and eggs, it also lets you make dosa, roti, tortilla and blintzes way more quickly than before.
- ✔️ SEPARATE ON/OFF BUTTON- unlike other crepe makers, the Starblue crepe maker comes with a distinctive on/off switch to ensure safe cooking. Now you can conveniently switch on/off the machine button according to your needs.
- ✔️ DELICIOUS RECIPES e-BOOK- accompanied with a bonus cookbook which contains a number of mouth-watering recipes including chocolate amaretto crepe, fruit salsa crepe and hazelnut crepes with whipped cream. Now surprise your family with heavenly meals every new day!e
- 1000w 12" Electric Pancake Crepe Maker Non Stick Large Plate Free Accessories
- Thermostatically Controlled
- Easy To Make Sweet/Savoury Pancakes, Crepes, Omelettes etc...
- 12" Diameter non-stick heating plate, Adjustable temperature dial, On/Off Indicator lights, Non-slip feet, Cord storage
- Quick Clean, Raised Edges Prevent Spillage
- Perfect for family fun, or even to treat yourself, this Giles & Posner Crepe Maker allows you to make Pancake Day, every day.
- Generously sized at 30 cm/12 inches, the non-stick cooking plate allows for effective batter spreading for perfectly thin crepes.
- With an approx. 3 minute pre-heat time, the appliance also has adjustable temperature controls and cool touch base for added safety.
- Measuring 6.6 x 30.4 x 31.7 cm, this compact appliance is simple to clean and takes up minimal space in your kitchen cupboards.
- Environmentally conscious, the instruction manual can be found by simply going to our Giles & Posner website.
How To Choose The Best Crepe Maker UK?
As with any home appliance, before you get started, you need to assess your needs to be sure you are making an investment. The risk of getting an oversized crepe maker or one that turns out to be of little use, is great, as the supply is plentiful.
Having said that, I made a small point on the criteria that you must monitor carefully.
Two families of crepe makers exist according to their source of food. You will indeed have the choice between electric and gas-powered ones.
Equipped with an adjustable tap generally up to 300 ° C, the latter precisely requires the use of a stove.
Their installation and adjustment generally require the use of a gas equipment professional, as adjustment schemes that are more or less complex to implement apply.
Also, note that you must take into account the restrictions on the use of gas in certain public spaces.
Electric crepe makers are more popular and provide better user comfort. However, there are perfectly mixed models on the market, which, if a gas source is unavailable, can be adapted to any other fire (electric, induction, etc.).
The crepe makers available on the market can be fitted with one or two plates, of variable size. This last parameter determines the size of the pancakes you can make and of course influences the size of the device as a whole.
Upon purchase, you will be dealing with models specially designed to make mini-pancakes (12 to 14 cm in diameter) and having a plate 13 inches in diameter on average. Most manufacturers take care to define the location of each pancake.
If you want to be able to make larger pancakes (25 to 40 cm in diameter), I advise you to turn to semi or professional models that are equipped with large cooking surfaces (more than 16 inches in diameter).
If you have to receive a large number of guests, this will undoubtedly make your task easier and you will save time.
The hob can be made of different types of material. Cast iron, synonymous with durability, is the one on which many manufacturers choose. There are two variants of cast iron plates: machined cast iron and enameled cast iron.
The latter does not require a pellet – repetitive passages of layers of oil or fat, after heating the plate – before use, unlike the other type.
This particular maintenance ensures a good detachment of the pancakes and limits their boiling. In addition to cast iron, the crepe plates can be made of aluminum or stainless steel, and have a non-stick coating to promote good removal.
Depending on the recipe you want to make and the expected result, the possibility of adjusting the temperature is essential to be sure to make pancakes that meet your preferences.
You should, therefore, be interested in the thermostat and the cooking temperature range offered by the crêpe maker. Most of the time, the crepe makers offer the possibility of controlling the cooking temperature between 50 and 300 ° C.
That said, many models offer adjustment of the thermostat to different positions, and we do not know the exact cooking temperature. Some accessories are very useful for making your pancakes successful. Brands, therefore, accompany their devices with certain utensils.
When you want to get your crêpe maker, it is in your best interest to check the equipment included in the purchase, because this provides information on its comfort of use.
Spatula, ladle, spreader, spreader, bowl, or whisk, various accessories can be provided and the difference can be made at this level. The comparison between the models that have caught your attention must absolutely take this parameter into account.
That said, make sure that the crêpe maker you have chosen comes with basic accessories such as a spreader, a spatula, but also small woks, to cook the toppings comfortably.
On the market, there are two large families of crepe makers depending on their source of power: gas or electricity.
While the gas models require that a stove be affixed to them and concede total autonomy, the electric crepe makers are of course powered from an electrical outlet.
Each of these sources has advantages and disadvantages, to which we will return later.
That said, the crepe makers all have the particularity of resembling a round pan. Very easy to use, they are fitted with a baking sheet, the edge of which is usually slightly raised.
After heating the cooking surface, all you have to do is pour in your pancake batter and distribute it in a circular motion or using a spreader.
In no time, your pancakes are good and you must then turn them over on the second side so that it also cooks.
This ability of the crêpe makers to be as quick to execute is explained by their rapid rise in temperature, regardless of the type (gas or electric).
Having a crepe maker at home has many advantages. This kitchen appliance makes it possible to make a large number of pancakes and greatly simplify the task, on the occasion of reunions with family or friends around a table.
In addition, due to the rapid cooling of the pasta, your guests will not have to wait long. The possibility of trying out a variety of recipes, at will, is also an additional reason to get this appliance.
The purchase of a crepe maker also gives you the assurance of consuming only pancakes whose ingredients are healthy and controlled.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to successfully suck the pellet?
For this purpose, after good heating to 270 ° C, about a tablespoon of cooking oil – or simply fat – should be poured into the center of the plate and distributed evenly with a soft cloth.
After this, you must smooth the oil and cook for 5 to 10 minutes so that the plate browns and is dry. You must then repeat the operation (heating + pouring oil + cooking) eight times while reducing the amount of oil each time.
How to properly clean the device?
Proper maintenance of your crepe maker is fundamental and must follow certain rules, which vary depending on the model. I, therefore, invite you to refer to the information in the operating instructions for your device.
That being said, whatever the crepe maker, cleaning must concern both the chassis and the hob. For the latter, it is not recommended to wash it or cool it suddenly, when it is heating.
Conversely, cleaning applied after each use is necessary. And for this, use a soft cloth or paper towel soaked in oil.
In addition, the fact that the preparation of pancakes requires a supply of fat on the plate, the base of the latter thickens gradually. For that, a particular treatment is essential, because this can disturb the cooking.
To avoid this, it is recommended to carry out regular pickling either with abrasive stone or by salting, depending on the thickness of the base.
Regarding the maintenance of the crêpe maker chassis, it should not be overlooked. For this purpose, you must use a soft sponge previously soaked in a mixture of warm water and non-chlorinated liquid cleaner.
In addition, it is strongly advised not to use an abrasive, immerse the chassis or clean it with a water jet.
Here we are at the end of the guide that I devote to the best crepe maker UK. If you are passionate about pancakes and want to be able to make them in large numbers, you will have no trouble finding the model that fits your needs and your budget.